MIT App Inventor App Contest 2012
What: The First MIT App Inventor App Contest. Prizes, Fame, Fun!
Who: Everyone is eligible, see categories below
Why: To promote App Inventor, the App Inventor Gallery, and mobile programming for all!
When: Submission Deadline is Midnight, December 12, 2012, (Pacific Time)
Where: The App Inventor Community Gallery (http://gallery.appinventor.mit.edu)
Most Outstanding App: grades K-8, 9-12, College/University, Open
Prizes (each category)
1st Place: Google Nexus 7 Tablet
2nd Place: App Inventor Book ( http://bit.ly/AppInventorBook )
How novel is the app? What app(s) is it similar to, and what is the value-add of the app?
What is the potential impact of the app? Who will it help, and how will it help them?
How complex is the app in terms of blocks, logic, and programming concepts.
User Experience and Presentation
Does the app have a well-designed, professional-looking user-interface? Is it easy to use for the intended audience, even the first time they use the app?
Is the app complete or close to it? Has it been user-tested or deployed with real users?
To Enter the Contest:
1) Join the MIT App Inventor Community Gallery
(The Gallery is in Beta, go to http://gallery.appinventor.mit.edu to request full access).
2) Develop an app using App Inventor (http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu),
3) Upload your app to the App Inventor Community Gallery.
4) Fill out the contest submission form at: http://bit.ly/AIContestEntryForm
5) You may edit your app and form entry until the contest deadline of 12/12/12. Be sure and save the “edit form” link when your initial submission is confirmed.
More info: email contest organizer, USF Professor David Wolber, email@example.com